Saturday, March 29, 2008

29th March 2000

29th March 2000

I was a primary 4 kid.

Woke up in the morning like any other day in my life. Bathe, changed to my sweet uniform and combed my hair. Took my bag, kissed her on her forehead and went off to school. I felt really heavy to go to school on that day. But i still went. Had my usual science and english lessons. I was too engrossed with my work, paying every bit of attention i have on the lovely science book. My attention was there. On the book. Until there's a knock on the door. There stood my father with his teary eyes holding on to a paper. I was asked to pack my bag and leave the class. I got a letter of exemption for the lessons on that day. Being naive, I just pack my bag and went out of the class. As we walked out of the school, he hugged me and until a certain point he cried. Knowing how strong my father is, I was shocked. He hugged me tight. I went home. Place my bag on the sofa. My mum went out of the room with swollen eyes.

That day marks the first and the last of many things.
That was the last kiss. The day before was the last words. That day is when her sufferings ended. The day that I lost someone. Someone whom I love but i didnt get to say it to her. The day that marks the beginning of the loneliest days of my life. I cried when I saw her in the icu. I cant bear to see her in that state. I really cant.
I'm proud of her. Her strong will to survive. Her strong will to live. Her courage to fight. Her love for others.

After that very day, I came home after school feeling lost. Trying every means to occupy my time at home. Lonely. She used to be there. Not anymore.

It has been 8 years now. Be it 100 years down the road, I will always remember her. Always. Dear sister.
Al-fatihah

___________________________________________________________________